GEO: Just like I was sayin'...

I was talking about this in my geography classes recently, and indeed, I mentioned it yesterday in the early afternoon and then on my way home National Public Radio has a story about the very phenomena I was talking about: pythons disrupting the ecosystem in the Everglades (as a result of humans letting them go there).

Invasive Pythons Put Squeeze On Everglades' Animals

Now, a SKEPTIC would say "Awe, Healy, come on.  You heard that in the morning news and they just rebroadcast it in the evening."  And, it seems that the morning NPR news show, "Morning Edition" DID have a story on it, but I assure you I missed the morning broadcast.  And many people can attest to the fact that 1) I've been talking about this for years because 2) it's really not breaking news- this has been going on for a while now, so it's not the first I've heard of it.  Still, just goes to show you that what happens in my class is related to things that are truly happening out in the "real world."

No comments: